A-26B SN# 43-7140 was built in 1943 it was the 328th A26B built at the Douglas plant in Long Beach, Calif. It was delivered to the USAAF on December 8, 1944 and given the USAAF serial number of 41-39427. It served with the following military units listed below:

 

  • 127th base unit at Florence S.C. - January 4, 1944 through November 13, 1945
  • 4160th base unit Air Material Command at Hobbs Field N.M. - November 13, 1945 through September 1948
  • 4127th base unit Air Material Command at McLellan AFB in CA - September 1948 to March 13, 1950

On March 13, 1950, the aircraft was stricken from the USAF inventory and sold on the civilian market.

The aircraft spent 2 years in storage until Alex Oser, a scrap dealer bought it and 13 other A26's in January of 1952. On March 19, 1952, the aircraft was sold to Texas Railway Equipment Co. of Houston; this aircraft being one of nine sold to this company. Later, seven of the aircraft ended up going to the French Air Force.

 The aircraft went through major modifications in April of 1953 when the aircraft was completely disassembled and all systems inspected and repaired or overhauled. It was at this time the aircraft was converted to an executive transport with many luxuries and modifications being done to the aircraft by Grand Central Aircraft Co. of Glendale, California.

 

 

The Beechcraft T-34 Mentor is a proven trainer of the United States military being in service now for over 6 decades!  Coming off of World War II, Beechcraft was working on providing an updated and more economical trainer for the US military to replace and retire the T-6 Texan.

The T-34 Mentor was a cousin to the Beechcraft Model 35 Bonanza. The T-34 finally entered military service in the early 1950s when the United States Air Force began to replace the AT-6 Texan fleet with this new trainer.  The T-34 was first step in a military pilot's training before advancing to the T-28 Trojan.

In the mid 1970s, the US Navy began to operate turbine powered variants, also known as the T-34C Turbomentor, and continued to use these as the primary trainer until the introduction of the T-6 Texan II.

 

The squadron's T-34B still wears the colors of the Fuerza Aerea Dominicana. It started life as a USN trainer in the mid 1950's, but was moved to the Air Force of the Dominican Republic in the late 1970's.